Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

City of Crete Nebraska




Ajax Loading Image


Frequently Asked Questions - City Clerk

Q: Who do I contact about a Handicap Parking Permit?

A: Your Physician is able to make the application to the State of Nebraska for your permit online.


Q: Who do I contact about providing alcohol for a special event?

A: Any establishment that has a State of Nebraska Liquor License can apply to the Liquor Control Commission for a Special Designated License to cater an event. Non-profit organizations are also able to apply to the Liquor Control Commission for a Special Designated License to serve alcohol at an event. Click here for the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission.


Q: I want to start a business in Crete, what do I need to do?

A: The City of Crete has a business registration policy through the City Clerk's office, see more information.  Contact should also be made with the Nebraska Department of Revenue at 402-471-2971 to apply for a Nebraska Sales Tax Number. You should also contact the City of Crete Building Inspector's Office at 402-826-4312 to be sure you comply with zoning regulations.


Q: Where do I vote for elections?

A: Crete is divided into wards for representation and voting purposes.  Each ward has a polling place for voting. Click here for a map of the wards and polling places. You can also contact the Saline County Election Commissioner at 402-821-2374 for absentee ballots.


Q: What do I have to do to sell products door to door?

A: The City of Crete requires a permit to sell products door to door in residential areas. You can apply for the permit at the City Clerk's office during regular business hours. You will need a Nebraska Department of Revenue Sales Tax Number and personal identification to apply for the permit. Click here for the City Code regarding this permit.


FAQ - City Departments and Resources

Resources Section

Building Inspector - Permits