Limited library services available; building closed to the public
Update March 18: Access to the Library building is closed to the public, effective Wednesday, March 18 until further notice. Programs and meeting room reservations have been canceled or postponed. Library staff is on hand and can provide limited services through the pickup window on the south and through phone calls, 402.826.3809.
Limited services and materials from the library are available:
- Normal due date and other circulation policies will remain in effect, i.e. length of checkout and damaged materials.
- The Library pickup window hours are as follows:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.;
- Tuesday and Thursday - 12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.;
- Saturday - 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Drive-thru pickup of items is available at the pickup window on the south side of the building, near the 15th Street and Forest Avenue intersection.
- Patrons may call the library and request that items be held at the for them at the library.
- Or reserve items from the online Library Catalog. Log in to your account using your patron card number (without the P), and the phone number you have listed on your library account (without the 402 or hyphen. Only include the area code if the phone number does not have a 402 area code). Find the item you wish to check out and click on the title. Click on 'Reserve this item. Find more information on reserving materials.
- All materials are available to be reserved except board books and magazines
- When you arrive at the pickup window, please call the library phone number (Listed on a sign at the window) and we will be there to help you as soon as possible.
- InterLibrary Loan (ILL) service is open for books not in the CPL collection, but available at other libraries that are still offering the service at this time; patrons do pay the mailing cost (one way only) for books loaned through this service.
- All returned materials are wiped down with disinfectant and put in “quarantine” for four days. Then they will be checked in. This is to ensure that items on hold are not made available until the quarantine is complete. If a patron receives a reminder to return a book that was already returned, patrons are requested to ignore these messages. If fines start accruing during the quarantine period, these will be forgiven.
- OverDrive offers patrons access to online, downloadable AudioBooks and eBooks. To use these resources, you’ll need either an individual or a family library card in good standing.
- Mobile printing is available
- Patron WIFI is available in the seating areas outside the library. Password is: CreteLibrary