Library visitors limited; pickup window available
Reserve books and materials online or by phone
Update Dec. 15: Access to the library collections is open to the public under limited conditions. See details below. Library staff is on hand and can provide limited services through the pickup window on the south and through phone calls, 402.826.3809.
As of Dec. 15, patrons will be allowed into the library under the following guidelines:
- Up to three (3) people from the same household will be welcomed in the building for 15 minutes.
- The main entrance is located through the Pinnacle Pavilion from the main parking lot.
- Masks are required and patrons must use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Appointments are encouraged.
- Monday – Saturday, from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m., is reserved for those aged 60 and above or compromised health.
- If there is already someone in the library, seating is available just outside of the South door.
- Patrons are welcome to browse for books/DVDs and use available computers.
Limited services and materials from the library are available through the pickup window:
- Normal due date and other circulation policies will remain in effect, i.e. length of checkout and damaged materials.
- The Library pickup window hours are as follows:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.;
- Tuesday and Thursday - 10:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.;
- Saturday - 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Drive-thru pickup of items is available at the pickup window on the south side of the building, near the 15th Street and Forest Avenue intersection.
- Patrons may call the library and request that items be held at the for them at the pickup window.
- Or reserve items from the online Library Catalog. Log in to your account using your patron card number (without the P), and the phone number you have listed on your library account (without the 402 or hyphen. Only include the area code if the phone number does not have a 402 area code). Find the item you wish to check out and click on the title. Click on 'Reserve this item. Find more information on reserving materials online and using the pickup window..
- All materials are available to be reserved except weekly magazines
- When you arrive at the pickup window, please ring the bell and we will be there to help you as soon as possible.
- InterLibrary Loan (ILL) service is open for books not in the CPL collection, but available at other libraries that are still offering the service at this time; patrons do pay the mailing cost (one way only) for books loaned through this service.
- All returned materials are put in “quarantine” for four days before they are available again for checkout.
- OverDrive offers patrons access to online, downloadable AudioBooks and eBooks. To use these resources, you’ll need either an individual or a family library card in good standing.
- Mobile printing is available.
- Patron WIFI is available in the seating areas outside the library. Password is: CreteLibrary
City Hall is closed to walk-in access until further notice. Find more information on the status of city programs and services or how to contact city staff.