Reading Challenge - Reader Zone app
Crete Public Library’s Summer Reading Challenge 2020 for children will use the Reader Zone app to help keep track of reading during the eight-week challenge, June 15 - Aug. 10. Below are instructions for signing up. Please call the library with any questions, 402.826.3809. Find more information on additional Summer Reading Program; registration is needed to receive links and passwords to other online programs.
(Find more information on the Summer Reading Genre Challenge for adults.)
Download the Reader Zone app
- On a smartphone, download the ‘Reader Zone’ app from the App Store or Goggle Play Store. Or go to: https://www.readerzone.com.
- Click on the green button that says “Sign Up” to sign up as a Reader or a Parent.
- A parent can sign up for multiple children. Click “Next”.
Enter the details for each reader
- Enter the program code 3c066 and pick “Crete Public Library Summer Reading”. Then pick a group:
- Preschool: Children up to, but not including, kindergarten
- Elementary: Children through 5th grade
- Teen: Middle and High School age
- Click on “+ Create Reader” and then record a reading log.
- When entering a book read or time, users will be asked to put in the name of the book or ISBN. If possible, put in the ISBN, most likely on the back of the book, either above or below the bar code. It will start with “978” and is 13 digits.
- For older kids, it is possible to set a timer to keep track of the minutes read, or entered manually. It is also possible to put in books or minutes from earlier days.
- Preschool – 50 books (6-7 per week)
- Elementary and Teens – 10 hours or 600 minutes (75 minutes per week)
- Virtual and physical awards will be bestowed upon reaching certain goals. If a reader completes the final goal, their name will go into a drawing for a grand prize in each category.