Increased services, visitors at Crete Public Library starting March 24
Meeting and study rooms also open for reservations
Beginning Wednesday, March 24, Crete Public Library will be offering more services as city buildings open up to more in-person visitors with existing health and safety precautions in place.
Existing library COVID protocols will be followed, including mandatory face coverings, social distancing, and using the hand sanitizer upon entering the library. All three entrance doors to the library will be open.
Four patron computers will remain in the cafe area to accommodate social distancing and more furniture will be in the library for patrons to sit and relax.
Up to 25 people will be welcomed in the library at once and may stay up to an hour to use library services and browse the collection. This excludes those using meeting rooms.
Four meeting rooms are available for patrons and reservations for time slots can be made online. Additional policies and protocols can be found in the rooms.
1515 Forest Ave.
Crete, NE 68333
Materials from the library are available through the pickup window:
- Normal due date and other circulation policies will remain in effect, i.e. length of checkout and damaged materials.
- The Library pickup window hours are as follows:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.;
- Tuesday and Thursday - 10:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.;
- Saturday - 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Drive-thru pickup of items is available at the pickup window on the south side of the building, near the 15th Street and Forest Avenue intersection.
- Patrons may call the library and request that items be held at the for them at the pickup window.
- Or reserve items from the online Library Catalog. Log in to your account using your patron card number (without the P), and the phone number you have listed on your library account (without the 402 or hyphen. Only include the area code if the phone number does not have a 402 area code). Find the item you wish to check out and click on the title. Click on 'Reserve this item. Find more information on reserving materials online and using the pickup window..
- All materials are available to be reserved except weekly magazines
- When you arrive at the pickup window, please ring the bell and we will be there to help you as soon as possible.
- InterLibrary Loan (ILL) service is open for books not in the CPL collection, but available at other libraries that are still offering the service at this time; patrons do pay the mailing cost (one way only) for books loaned through this service.
- All returned materials are put in “quarantine” for four days before they are available again for checkout.
OverDrive and the new Libby app offer patrons access to online, downloadable AudioBooks and eBooks. To use these resources, you’ll need either an individual or a family library card in good standing.
Patron WIFI is also available in the seating areas outside the library. Password is: CreteLibrary