Face covering protocol changed for library visitors
New updates effective May 14
As of May 14, fully vaccinated individuals do not need to wear face coverings in the library, Non-vaccinated individuals aged five and above must wear face coverings, which are available at all three entrance doors.
Crete Public Library opened to increased visitors and services on March 24 as city buildings opened up to more in-person visitors with existing health and safety precautions in place.
Four meeting rooms are available for patrons and reservations for time slots can be made online. Additional policies and protocols can be found in the rooms.
Currently, four patron computers will remain in the cafe area to accommodate social distancing and more furniture will be in the library for patrons to sit and relax.
1515 Forest Ave.
Crete, NE 68333
Materials from the library are also available through the pickup window:
- Normal due date and other circulation policies will remain in effect, i.e. length of checkout and damaged materials.
- The Library hours are as follows:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.;
- Tuesday and Thursday - 10:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.;
- Saturday - 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Drive-thru pickup of items is available at the pickup window on the south side of the building, near the 15th Street and Forest Avenue intersection.
- Patrons may call the library and request that items be held at the for them at the pickup window.
- Or reserve items from the online Library Catalog. Log in to your account using your patron card number (without the P), and the phone number you have listed on your library account (without the 402 or hyphen. Only include the area code if the phone number does not have a 402 area code). Find the item you wish to check out and click on the title. Click on 'Reserve this item. Find more information on reserving materials online and using the pickup window..
- When you arrive at the pickup window, please ring the bell and we will be there to help you as soon as possible.
- InterLibrary Loan (ILL) service is open for books not in the CPL collection, but available at other libraries that are still offering the service at this time; patrons do pay the mailing cost (one way only) for books loaned through this service.
OverDrive and the new Libby app offer patrons access to online, downloadable AudioBooks and eBooks. To use these resources, you’ll need either an individual or a family library card in good standing.
Patron WIFI is also available in the seating areas outside the library. Password is: CreteLibrary