The Crete Public Library provides access to more than 27,000 print and audio visual resources. These include adult and juvenile fiction and non-fiction books, audio books, DVDs and videos, large print books, newspapers and magazines. The Library also provides access to eBooks and audiobooks through OverDrive. A variety of databases are also available for patron use. Microfilm records of past and present area newspapers are also available for viewing and printing
- Present your library card when checking out materials.
- Individual card holders may borrow up to twenty items from the library at one time. Patrons with a family card may borrow up to forty items.
- Books, magazines, audio books, cake pans and DVDs may be checked out for two weeks.
- DVDs are limited to eight per household.
- Books, magazines, audio books and DVDs all have a seven-day grace period that follows their due date during which no fines accrue.
- Material may be renewed as long as there have been no other requests for it. Generally, a maximum of two renewals is allowed, but this is determined on a case by case basis.