The Crete Public Library provides access to more than 27,000 print and audio visual resources. These include adult and juvenile fiction and non-fiction books, audio books, DVDs and videos, large print books, newspapers and magazines. The Library also provides access to eBooks and audiobooks through OverDrive. A variety of databases are also available for patron use, including the online language learning program Mango. Microfilm records of past and present area newspapers are also available for viewing and printing
- Present your library card when checking out materials.
- Individual card holders may borrow up to twenty items from the library at one time. Patrons with a family card may borrow up to forty items.
- Books, magazines, audio books, cake pans and DVDs may be checked out for two weeks.
- DVDs are limited to eight per household.
- Books, magazines, audio books and DVDs all have a seven-day grace period that follows their due date during which no fines accrue.
- Material may be renewed as long as there have been no other requests for it. Generally, a maximum of two renewals is allowed, but this is determined on a case by case basis.