Get a Library Card
(The Library building is open to public access with capacity and service limitations in place. Browsing materials and patron computer use is allowed. Face coverings are required. Read more about current services. For library card signup, please see the online link below.)
Saline County and rural Crete - Patrons residing within the following areas will not be charged for a library card: Saline County residents, rural Crete addresses that reside outside of Saline County, and those that reside within the Crete Public School District.
Non-Resident - Patrons who do not live within the two areas listed above will be required to purchase an annual non-resident library card for $30.00 per year. Cards may be obtained on an individual basis or as a family.
Proof of identification and address:
- Adult patrons are required to show proof of identification and current address with a driver’s license or some other picture I.D.
- Children 15 years old and younger must have a parent’s signature on their application, along with their parents’ driver’s license number and address verification.
- Patrons may be asked to bring a piece of mail that they have received at their current address to verify that address.
Service to library patrons will not be denied or abridged because of gender, age, religion, race, social, economic, or political status.
Crete Public Library patrons can pay the following online using the Payport system from the State of Nebraska: overdue fines, material replacement fees, and non-resident fees. Make an online library payment
Check out the resources and services available at Crete Public Library:
- Meet the library staff
- Borrow & Reserve Materials (drive-thru pickup window available)
- OverDrive audiobook and ebooks
- Mobile Printing
- Reserve a meeting/study room
- Support & Volunteer
Crete Public Library
1515 Forest Ave.
Crete, NE 68333