Call Before You Dig
City of Crete
Departments of Public Works
Call Before You Dig!
The City of Crete and State of Nebraska require all residents to call the One-Call Notification System prior to excavating or disturbing the ground.
24 hours a day – 365 days a year
State Law requires a 2 business day advance notification prior to digging. Regular, non-emergency locate requests will be processed during the business hours of 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M., Monday through Friday (Holidays are excluded).
“Tricks of the Trade” for Digging in Nebraska
White Line! You are encouraged to mark your excavation site with white flags or paint prior to having the area located. White marking flags are available from Digger’s upon request. Please visit Promotional Items under the “Contact Us” (www.ne-diggers.com) link to request the flags at no cost.
||Before you call!
Be prepared to answer the following:
- What type of work will you be doing?
- How deep will you be digging?
- Will you be using explosives?
- Is this a corner lot?
- Is it in the front of the property?
- Is it in the rear of the property?
- Will you be tunneling or boring?
- What county is it in?
- What city is it in or nearest to?
- What is the address?
- Locate where on property?