City of Crete
Departments of Public Works
Crete Transfer Station/Landfill - 478 County Road 2300 (1/2 mile north of Highway 33 on Boswell Ave.)
Hours: Tuesdays, 1:00 - 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Public Works: 402.826.4312
The Garbage Company: 1.800.322.4272
Public Works Directory
Free disposal: branches and yard waste can be disposed of free of charge; appliances, hot water heaters, metal and iron also accepted at no cost. Items with freon must have it removed and tagged.
Fees established by The Garbage Company: larger loads of household trash and waste
- Miscellaneous items with fees based on size and weight include: carpet, mattresses and box springs, furniture, televisions, sinks, and toilets.
- Other materials deemed hazardous (railroad ties, insulation) or construction-type materials may have additional fees.
- Recyclable items are also accepted at the transfer station with flat rates for pickup and car loads: aluminum/tin, plastic, cardboard, paper.
- The Garbage Company reserves the right to refuse business.
- Basic fees per vehicle load may start at:
- car trunk - $10
- small pickup - $15
- large pickup - $25
- trailer - $40
Not accepted: tires, farm truck loads, dump truck loads or semi loads.
Find more information on residential and commercial Garbage & Recycling Collection routes.