701 East 4th Street (4th Street and Grove Ave.)
Pool: 402.826.3500 (Season: May-August)
Parks & Recreation at City Hall: 402.826.4314
Wildwood Pool and Park is located in the southeast portion of the city. The public swimming pool, renovated in 2012, includes men’s and women’s restrooms and lockers, zero entry, two slides, swimming lanes, and two diving boards. The splash area is set for replacement in 2020.
The park area includes two tennis courts, a playground, picnic area and green space. Tennis courts were resurfaced in May 2018; one court is also lined for pickleball. (Go to Parks and Recreation Department Main Page)
The pool is open from Memorial Day weekend through mid August - 2020 event dates TBD:
- Mayor's Day - June - free admission
- Season pool passes available at City Hall Parks & Recreation Office
- 3 sessions of Crete Recreation swimming lessons in June and July; registration May-June
- private swimming lessons available
- RipTide Swim Team - signup April-May
- RipTide home Swim Meet
- pool parties are held on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, 8-10 p.m. during the season
- Crete Public Library Summer Reading Program Pool Party - June
- Last Day of the Season, August
- Pooch Pool Party, dogs welcome
The 2020 pool brochure will be available soon.
More Parks and Recreation information and online program signup can be found on RecDesk.