Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

City of Crete Nebraska




Ajax Loading Image


Frequently Asked Questions

General questions and frequently searched items are provided here with appropriate links to answers on the City of Crete website. Frequently asked questions from several offices and departments are also included below.

Q: Which city council ward am I in and who is my council representative?

A: The City of Crete is represented by three wards with two council members each.


Q: How do I get a Crete Public Library card?

A: Visit the library (305 East 13th Street) with the necessary information to apply for your card.


Q: Where do I find building permits and for what types of projects do I need a permit?

A: The Municipal Building Inspector handles all building permits and inquiries.


Q: How do I sign my child up for youth recreation programs online?

A: Crete Parks and Recreation utilizes RecDesk for program registration and information. 


Q: When is the garbage or recycling picked up on my street and what items can I recycle?

A: Garbage collection is on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday depending on your address; recycling collection is on Monday or Thursday depending on address. (View information, routes and accepted recyclable items.).


Q: Where can I take branches and other yard waste?

A: The City of Crete Transfer Station is 1/2 mile north of Highway 33 on Boswell Ave. with hours on Tuesdays and Saturdays. (view hours)


Q: What do I do if I have no electric service?

A: Check all breakers or fuses in the home, if the problem is not solved, call 402-826-4312. (view Public Works Directory)


Q: How do I find out about economic development programs like LB 840 and Tax Increment Financing?

A: The Community and Economic Development Office at City Hall, 243 East 13th Street, handles these programs.


Q: Does the City practice mosquito control?

A: Mosquito spraying is done by the Street Department towards dusk Mondays and Thursdays unless it is raining or wind exceeds 10 mph. Tuxedo Park is treated with spray on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings to avoid activities in the park. 


FAQ - City Departments and Offices

City Clerk-Treasurer's Office

Building Inspector - Permits