You can now pay your utility bill 24/7 through our new online bill payment option. You don't have to pay with a card, you can use your checking or savings account as well. You will need a routing and account number for this service. Make a payment online
This link is also available from the homepage: "Online Utility Payment" button.
Required information to pay your bill will be the name on the utility account, your address and the utility account number. We need this information to determine which account the money goes too. After you input your card/bank information, you will be asked to enter an email address in order to receive a receipt. The receipt is just like the one you would receive if you came into the office to pay your bill with your card. Your bill will still be credited on the day you make the payment.
If you have any other questions, visit the Public Works Office (City Hall, 243 East 13th Street, Main Entrance on the south side of the building) or call 402.826.4312.
Utility Bills and Rates
- A service deposit is required on all addresses; transferable if the resident moves to a new address within City service;
- All utility billing statements are mailed the last business day of the month;
- Bills are due by 5:00 p.m. on the 15th of each month;
- Bills paid by the 15th receive a 10% discount; accounts paid after the due date are subject to forfeiture of this discount;
- Accounts not paid by the due date receive a courtesy notice; a disconnect date is noted on the original bill and the courtesy notice;
- Payments can be made in person at the Public Works Office at City Hall, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; drive-thru, night drop, mailed or online;
- Personal checks, money orders or cash are accepted; debit/credit cards accepted with 2.5% convenience fee.
Electrical Service: The City of Crete Departments of Public Works Electric System retails electricity within the corporate limits.
Water and Sewer Service:
- View Current Water Rates
- Residential Sewer Rate: Monthly customer fee $29.70, plus $2.63 per 1,000 gallons average monthly water consumption for the lowest three months of water usage of the five winter months of November, December, January February and March (Calculated each April) or $37.51 average sewer fee for customers without usage history.
- Commercial Sewer Rates: Contact the Public Works Office at 402-826-4312.
Garbage Collection and Recycling: The City of Crete solid waste service is provided by The Garbage Company. A recycling tote is included free of charge.
- Residential Rates:
- Small Tote (65 gallon) $17.89
- Large Tote (95 gallon) $18.18
- 2 (95 gal.) Totes $22.98
- Seasonal Yard Waste $12.00
- Commercial Rates: Contact The Garbage Company directly at 1-800-322-4272 for service and rates.
- Spectrum Cable - 1-800-248-8823
- Black Hills Energy (natural gas company) - 1-888-890-5554
- Windstream (local telephone service) - 1-800-347-1991; Repair Service - 611
- Other television and phone services available, check phone local directory
Please see the Public Works sections at left for more information on these City services.