City of Crete offers energy efficiency programs for 2021-2022
Programs include attic insulation and heat pump upgrade for colder weather
The City of Crete Department of Public Works, in partnership with its wholesale electric power supplier, the Municipal Energy Agency of Nebraska, is continuing to provide five energy efficiency programs to assist in lowering energy costs for local utility customers through energy efficiency improvements.
With cooler temperatures of fall upon us, now is a good time to make energy efficiency upgrades for the upcoming colder months.
The Attic Insulation Program provides cash incentives of $0.15/per square foot with a maximum incentive of $300 per existing residential dwelling for attic insulation. The high efficiency heat pump program provides cash incentives to commercial customers to help cover the cost of installing a heat pump system in residential homes.
All five programs offer cash incentives to make energy efficient upgrades in the areas of insulation, cooling systems, home thermostats, high efficiency heat pump, and commercial lighting. Here is a rundown of the four programs:
- New in 2021: High Efficiency Heat Pump Program: The program provides cash incentives to upgrade or convert to a high efficiency residential heat pump. Cash incentives vary depending on the type of heat pump installed.
- Smart Thermostat Program: Provides a cash incentive of up to $100 paid directly to residential customers to help cover the cost of installing a qualifying smart thermostat.
- Attic Insulation Program: Provides cash incentives of $0.15 / per square foot with a maximum incentive of $300 per existing residential dwelling for attic insulation.
- Cooling System Tune-Up Program: Provides a $30 cash incentive to residential homeowners who have their cooling system tuned up by a HVAC contractor, regardless of what type or age of cooling system (air conditioner/air or water source heat pump).
- Commercial LED Lighting Program: Provides cash incentives paid directly to commercial customers to help cover the cost of interior lighting upgrades and replacements.
These programs are available to customers of the City of Crete through its wholesale power partnership with the Municipal Energy Agency of Nebraska. For more information on these programs, contact the Utility Office at City Hall, 402.826.4312, or go online to download program guidelines and application forms.
City Hall - 243 East 13th Street
(Utility Office main entrance on south side)
Crete, NE 68333