Contact and RecDesk link
City of Crete
Parks & Recreation Department
Daniel Dunaway, Director
City Hall - 243 East 13th Street
The City of Crete has 10 beautiful parks and a public pool maintained by the Parks and Recreation Department, with two additional parks in development. Parks and Recreation also organizes a year-round schedule of youth and adult programs. The department utilizes the website RecDesk for all of its program information to register and pay for programs, check upcoming events and schedules, obtain forms and documents, reserve a field or facility and so much more. Getting started is easy, just create an account to gain access to everything offered by the City of Crete Parks & Recreation Department. Two appointed citizen boards meet on park and recreation activities: Park Board & Tree Board.
|Go to RecDesk|
Crete’s public parks and facilities:
- Wanek Community Center – 14th & Main Ave.
- Crete Community Garden - 10th and Thornwood
- City Park – 12th & Kingwood Ave.
- Tuxedo Park and Camping – 13th & Tuxedo Road
- Wildwood Pool and Park – 4th & Grove Ave.
- Rotary Park – 9th & Kingwood Ave.
- Waggin’ Tail Dog Park - East 13th Street and Co. Rd. 2400
- Neighborhood Parks
- Gus Stoll Park – 7th & Pine Ave.
- Armory Park – 515 E. 1st Street
- Old Mill Park - 3rd & Norman Ave.
- Northward Park – 20th & Main Ave.
- Westwood Park – Heather Drive
*News parks coming soon: Crete Public Library building site & Farrington Park on Blossom Place
There are numerous recreational activities and facilities available to community residents through additional resources in Crete, including Doane University and Crete Public Schools. Four state recreational areas are within 20 miles of the city. See more about local recreation opportunities in the Living in Crete section of this site.
Special thanks to Crete Public Schools, Doane University and the community for their continued support of Crete Recreation programs.
School gyms and facilities:
- Crete Elementary School– 11th and Linden Ave.
- Crete Intermediate School - 16th and Glenwood (also Iris Ave. entrance)
- Crete Middle School - 15th and Hickory (also Iris Ave. entrance)
- Crete High School - 1750 Iris Ave.
- Doane University - campus entrances off of East 13th Street, Iris Ave. or Boswell Ave.
The City of Crete is diligent in the fight against disease carrying mosquitoes. Spraying is done by the Street Department towards dusk Mondays and Thursdays unless it is raining or wind exceeds 10 mph. Tuxedo Park is treated with spray on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings to avoid activities in the park.