Utility Bills and Rates
City of Crete
Departments of Public Works
Utilities and Payments
City Hall - 243 E. 13th Street
(Public Works Utility Office main entrance on south side)
P.O. Box 86
Crete, NE 68333
Public Works Directory
- A Utility Service Application must be filed in person with the Public Works Utility Office to set up a utility account;
- Electric, water, and wastewater services are provided by the City of Crete; trash collection, with optional recycling service is franchised through The Garbage Company.
- A service deposit is required on all addresses; transferable if the resident moves to a new address within City service;
- All utility billing statements are mailed the last business day of the month;
- Bills are due by 5:00 p.m. on the 15th of each month;
- Bills paid by the 15th receive a 10% discount; accounts paid after the due date are subject to forfeiture of this discount;
- Accounts not paid by the due date receive a courtesy notice; a disconnect date is noted on the original bill and the courtesy notice;
Making a Payment:
- Personal checks, money orders or cash are accepted; debit/credit cards accepted with 2.5% convenience fee.
- Pay in person at the Public Works Office at City Hall, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (drive-thru and night drop available)
- Please have utility account information (billing statement) when making a payment;
- Pay by mail to City of Crete Public Works Department, 243 East 13th Street, Crete, NE 68333
- Pay online: Make a payment online
- Cards, checking or savings account can be used (with routing and account numbers)
- Information required: name on the utility account, address, and the utility account number
- Email address is requested in order to receive a receipt
- Account will still be credited on the day the payment is made.
- Automatic payments: Customers can have automatic payments by filing the Authorization Agreement for Pre-authorized Payments in person with the Utility Office;
- If you have any other questions, visit the Public Works Office at City Hall.
City of Crete Utility Services:
Electrical Service: The City of Crete Departments of Public Works Electric System retails electricity within the corporate limits.
Water and Sewer Service:
- View Current Water Rates
- Residential Sewer Rate: Monthly customer fee $29.70, plus $2.63 per 1,000 gallons average monthly water consumption for the lowest three months of water usage of the five winter months of November, December, January February and March (Calculated each April) or $37.51 average sewer fee for customers without usage history.
- Commercial Sewer Rates: Contact the Public Works Office at 402-826-4312.
Garbage Collection and Recycling: The City of Crete solid waste service is provided by The Garbage Company. A recycling tote is included free of charge.
- Residential Rates:
- Small Tote (65 gallon) $17.89
- Large Tote (95 gallon) $18.18
- 2 (95 gal.) Totes $22.98
- Seasonal Yard Waste $12.00
- Commercial Rates: Contact The Garbage Company directly at 1-800-322-4272 for service and rates.
Please see the Public Works sections at left for more information on these City services.
- Spectrum Cable - 1-800-248-8823
- Black Hills Energy (natural gas company) - 1-888-890-5554
- Windstream (local telephone service) - 1-800-347-1991; Repair Service - 611
- Other television and phone services available, check local directory