Utility Bills and Rates
City of Crete
Departments of Public Works
Utilities and Payments
City Hall - 243 E. 13th Street
(Public Works Utility Office main entrance on south side)
P.O. Box 86
Crete, NE 68333
Public Works Directory
Public Works Office - Bills and Payments:
- A service deposit is required on all addresses; transferable if the resident moves to a new address within City service;
- All utility billing statements are mailed the last business day of the month;
- Bills are due by 5:00 p.m. on the 15th of each month;
- Bills paid by the 15th receive a 10% discount; accounts paid after the due date are subject to forfeiture of this discount;
- Accounts not paid by the due date receive a courtesy notice; a disconnect date is noted on the original bill and the courtesy notice;
- Payments can be made in person (drive-thru available) at the Public Works Office at City Hall, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; night drop, mailed or online;
- Personal checks, money orders or cash are accepted; debit/credit cards accepted with 2.5% convenience fee.
- Pay utility bills 24/7 through the online bill payment option. Make a payment online
- Cards, checking or savings account can be used (with routing and account numbers)
- Information required: name on the utility account, address, and the utility account number
- Email address is requested in order to receive a receipt
- Account will still be credited on the day the payment is made.
- If you have any other questions, visit the Public Works Office at City Hall.
Electrical Service: The City of Crete Departments of Public Works Electric System retails electricity within the corporate limits.
Water and Sewer Service:
- View Current Water Rates
- Residential Sewer Rate: Monthly customer fee $29.70, plus $2.63 per 1,000 gallons average monthly water consumption for the lowest three months of water usage of the five winter months of November, December, January February and March (Calculated each April) or $37.51 average sewer fee for customers without usage history.
- Commercial Sewer Rates: Contact the Public Works Office at 402-826-4312.
Garbage Collection and Recycling: The City of Crete solid waste service is provided by The Garbage Company. A recycling tote is included free of charge.
- Residential Rates:
- Small Tote (65 gallon) $17.89
- Large Tote (95 gallon) $18.18
- 2 (95 gal.) Totes $22.98
- Seasonal Yard Waste $12.00
- Commercial Rates: Contact The Garbage Company directly at 1-800-322-4272 for service and rates.
Please see the Public Works sections at left for more information on these City services.
- Spectrum Cable - 1-800-248-8823
- Black Hills Energy (natural gas company) - 1-888-890-5554
- Windstream (local telephone service) - 1-800-347-1991; Repair Service - 611
- Other television and phone services available, check local directory