Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

City of Crete Nebraska




Ajax Loading Image


Business Registration and Licensing

City of Crete Business Registrations

Every person or business engaged or intending to engage in any calling, business, occupation or profession by maintaining a business location, in whole or in part, within the limits of the City Crete, Saline County, Nebraska, is required to register and pay an annual business registration fee for the privilege of doing business in the City. See Crete City Code, Chapter 10, Article 3. Contact the City Clerk for more information. 

View/Download 2021 Business Registration Form

Go to the Building Inspector section for information on zoning issues and building permits.

Additional City of Crete business permits and registrations:

Other permits related to city code ordinances may be required to hold certain events, including festivals, parades, temporary street closures, livestock events, and others. Contact the City Clerk for more information on documents not listed here.

Sidewalk Cafe Permit

Please be advised: Sidewalk Cafés cannot be constructed or operated until all permits are issued, not just applied for. Please read Crete Municipal Code §8-214 thoroughly before applying for a permit. License year for this permit is Oct.1 - Sept. 30. View/download the application sheet and checklist for complete information on the Sidewalk Cafe Permit requirements. Return completed application and attachments to the City Clerk's Office.

Door-to-door Sales

Crete City Code, Chapter 10, Article 2, requires a permit to sell products door to door in residential areas. You can apply for the permit at the City Clerk's office during regular business hours or download and complete the application forms and return to City Hall. You will need a Nebraska Department of Revenue Sales Tax Number and personal identification to apply for the permit. 

Fireworks Sales

The retail sales of fireworks are allowed in the City of Crete from June 28 - July 4. You must possess a Nebraska State Sales Tax number and a permit to sell fireworks from the Nebraska State Fire Marshall. Apply for a permit to sell fireworks (within the corporate limits of the City of Crete) at the City Clerk's office during regular business hours or download and complete the application and information forms and return to City Hall.

Liquor License - Special Events

Any establishment that has a State of Nebraska Liquor License can apply to the Nebraska Liquor Control Commission for a Special Designated License to cater an event. Non-profit organizations are also able to apply to the Liquor Control Commission for a Special Designated License to serve alcohol at an event.

Plumber's Renewal Form (Building Inspector's Office)

Reminder to all plumbers doing business in the City of Crete and within two miles thereof. On Dec. 31, 2020 your current City of Crete Plumber’s Registration expires. It’s time to renew your annual City of Crete Master Plumber Contractor’s Registration for your company and your employees. All on-site employees must hold current City of Crete registrations. View/download the Plumber Renewal License Form 2021. Find more information and permit applications from the Building Inspector.

State of Nebraska links:



City of Crete  
Jerry Wilcox, City Clerk-Treasurer

City Hall - 243 East 13th Street
Crete NE 68333-0086
Phone: 402.826.4313
Fax: 402.826.4334