Crete City Council
City Hall is open to in-person visitors. Masks are available at building entrances.
241 East 13th Street
Second Floor Council Chambers
City Council Wards:
Crete is a First-Class city with a mayor-council form of government. The City of Crete is divided into three wards for City Council representation and each ward has a separate polling place for elections. Each ward is represented by two members of the City Council, who are elected to four-year terms. One council seat in each ward is up for election every two years. The wards are determined by population and approved by the City Council after each official census.
- View Council Ward Boundaries/Voting Precincts (pdf) or go to the online map and select 'Voting Wards' under the Layers tab)
Crete City Council members:
- Ward I: Travis Sears and Dan Papik
- Ward II: Dale Strehle (Council President) and Ryan Hinz
- Ward III: Jack Oelschlager and Kyle Frans
Regular meeting days and times:
- Meetings of the council, committees, and boards are on the city's online calendar available on this site
- Regular City Council Meetings are held the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers on the second floor of City Hall. (Seating may be limited to accommodate social distancing and masks are available at building entrances.)
- Standing Committees often meet prior to regular council meetings, or are scheduled as needed
- Finance, Parks & Recreation, Personnel, Public Safety, Public Works, Legislative Community Development
Meeting minutes and agendas:
- View current Council and Committee Meeting Agendas
- Questions about agendas or meeting minutes should be directed to the City Clerk.
- Official meeting minutes are published in The Crete News (local newspaper)
- Each regular city council meeting agenda also contains minutes of recent council, committee, and board meetings
- Public Comment and Agenda Item Requests
- Legal Notices and Public Hearings
- View council meeting summaries prepared by City Hall staff