Crete City Council
Update Nov. 9: City Hall is currently closed to in-person visitors. All meetings of the city council, boards and commissions will take place at the Community Room at Crete Public Library until further notice.
241 East 13th Street
Second Floor Council Chambers
The City of Crete is divided into three wards for City Council representation. Each ward is represented by two members of the City Council and has a separate polling place for elections. The wards are determined by population and approved by the City Council after each official census.
- View Council Ward Boundaries/Voting Precincts (pdf)
- Regular City Council Meetings are held the 1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers on the second floor of City Hall (Meeting are currently being held in the Community Room at Crete Public Library.)
- Standing Committees: Finance, Parks & Recreation, Personnel, Public Safety, Public Works, Legislative Community Development
- Committees often meet prior to regular council meetings, or are scheduled as needed
- Current Council and Committee Meeting Agendas
- Questions about agendas should be directed to the City Clerk.
Crete City Council members:
- Ward I
- Travis Sears
- Brian Carnes
- Ward II
- Dale Strehle, Council President
- Ryan Hinz
- Ward III
- Jack Oelschlager
- Kyle Frans