701 East 4th Street (4th Street and Grove Ave.)
Pool: 402.826.3500 (Seasonal: May-August)
Parks & Recreation at City Hall: 402.826.4314
Wildwood Pool and Park is located in the southeast portion of the city. The public swimming pool includes men’s and women’s restrooms and lockers, zero entry, two slides, swimming lanes, and two diving boards. The splash area is new and improved in 2022. Pool season passes, swimming lessons, youth swim team, and pool parties are available, see below.
The park area includes two tennis courts, a playground, picnic area, and green space. Tennis courts include pickleball lines. (Go to Parks and Recreation Department Main Page)
See more information below on when and where to register for pool passes, pool parties, and swimming lessons.
2023 Pool Season
View/Download the Wildwood Pool flyer
- Riptide Swim Team registrations due May 5.
- Swimming Lesson registration is open for Levels 1-6; Infant and Toddler lesson registration opens June 1
- Pool Opening Day, Saturday, May 27 - Memorial Day weekend
- Mayor's Day - July 9, free admission
- RipTide home Swim Meet - Saturday, July 1
- open swim hours TBA
- Independence Day, Tuesday, July 4 - open swim hours TBA
- Last Day of the Season, Sunday, August 6
- Open swim from 1:00-3:00 p.m. with regular admission
- Pooch Pool Party from 3:00-4:00 p.m. Cost is $2.00 per dog
- Dogs must be non-aggressive and leashed upon arrival
- Toys and inflatables are allowed
- Dog owners are welcome to swim as well
|Pool Admission & Season Passes|
Season pool passes for individuals and families are available at City Hall prior to the pool opening and at the pool during the season. Passes can be purchased on RecDesk and picked up at City Hall prior to the pool opening and at the pool after opening day.
|Daily Individual Fees:||Season Passes:|
Swim Suit Policy: All patrons who want to swim MUST wear a commercially purchased swim suit. NO street clothes are allowed in the pool, including, but not limited to: jeans, gym shorts, cotton t-shirts, leggings/joggers. ALL infants must wear a swim-approved diaper.
|Monday - Friday|
|Swim Team Practice|
|Friday - Saturday|
Private pool parties are held on Fridays and Saturdays, 7:00-9:00 p.m., and Sundays, 5:00-7:00 p.m. during the season. Schedule dates and pay fees ($250) at City Hall prior to the pool opening and at the pool during the season.
Water Aerobics starts June 12. There is no preregistration necessary; participants may attend as many or as few sessions as they would like.
- Mondays - Fridays, 9:00 - 9:45 a.m.
- cost is $3 per person, per daily session.
- Registration is open for three sessions of swimming lessons Levels 1 - 6 in June and July for participants at least 4 years old. See details here..
- Registration opens June 1 for Infant and toddler lessons for ages 6 weeks - 4 years old; two sessions held in July;
- Information on private swimming lessons is available at the pool during the season.
Crete RipTide Swim Team offers kids ages 7-18 a chance to participate in a competitive swim league with Saturday meets in the Kansas-Nebraska Swim League. The head coach for 2023 is Kourtney Martin, a current music teacher at Crete Intermediate School. The 2023 Parent Information Meeting was held on Wednesday, April 19, at 6 p.m. at the Community Room at Crete Public Library, 1515 Forest Ave.
- Registrations are due by Friday, May 5: Register on RecDesk or at the City Hall Recreation Office. Participants must also have a current liability waiver.
- Registration open to all on a first-come-first-serve basis. Limited spaces available.
- The fee increased to $75 effective April 19 by City Council action.
- Members of the team are required to purchase their own swim suit and goggles.
- Practices are held at Wildwood Pool:
- Monday-Thursday; 7-8 p.m. for intermediate swimmers; 7:30-9 p.m. for advanced swimmers
- Friday morning practices as scheduled
- Saturday Meets: June 3, 10, 17, 24, and July 1 (home meet).
- The team also seeks parents who can make a commitment to volunteer at least 1 night per week throughout the season, and assist with at least 2 meets.
View/Download the 2023 Wildwood Pool flyer
More Parks and Recreation information and online program signup can be found on RecDesk.