701 East 4th Street (4th Street and Grove Ave.)
Pool: 402.826.3500 (Season: May-August)
Parks & Recreation at City Hall: 402.826.4314
Wildwood Pool and Park is located in the southeast portion of the city. The public swimming pool, renovated in 2012, includes men’s and women’s restrooms and lockers, zero entry, two slides, swimming lanes, and two diving boards. The splash area is set for replacement in 2021. Pool season passes, swimming lessons, youth swim team, and pool parties are available, see below.
The park area includes two tennis courts, a playground, picnic area, and green space. Tennis courts were resurfaced in May 2018; one court is also lined for pickleball. (Go to Parks and Recreation Department Main Page)
See more information below on how and where to sign up or register for pool passes, pool parties, and swimming lessons.
2021 season dates:
- Pool Opening Day, Saturday, May 29 - Memorial Day weekend
- Mayor's Day - free admission - Sunday, June 6
- RipTide home Swim Meets - June 12 & 19
- The pool is closed for general swim during the meets and will reopen for family swim after each meet, 6-8 p.m.
- Crete Public Library Summer Reading Program Pool Party - June 25
- Sunday, July 4, open swim 1 - 4 p.m. only
- Last Day of the Season, Sunday, August 8
- Open swim from 1:00-3:00 p.m. with regular admission
- Pooch Pool Party from 3:00-4:00 p.m. Cost is $2.00 per dog
- Dogs must be non-aggressive and leashed upon arrival
- Toys and inflatables are allowed
- Dog owners are welcome to swim as well
|Pool Admission & Season Passes|
Season pool passes for individuals and families are available at the pool during the season.
|Daily Fees:||Season Passes:|
Swim Suit Policy: All patrons who want to swim MUST wear a commercially purchased swim suit. NO street clothes are allowed in the pool, including, but not limited to: jeans, gym shorts, cotton t-shirts, leggings/joggers. ALL infants must wear a swim-approved diaper.
|Monday - Friday|
|Swim Team Practice|
|Friday - Saturday|
Pool Parties: All pool party dates for 2021 have been reserved.
Private pool parties are held on Fridays and Saturdays, 8-10 p.m., Sundays, 6-8 p.m. during the season. Schedule dates and pay fees at the pool during the season.
Crete Recreation Water Aerobics will start on Wednesday, June 16 at Wildwood Pool. There is no registration or signup necessary; participants may attend as many or as few sessions as they would like.
- Mondays - Fridays, 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- cost is $3 per person, per daily session.
Swimming Lessons: Registration has closed for all sessions of swimming lessons.
Participants must be at least 4 years old for Levels 1 - 6. Infant and toddler lessons are offered for participants ages 6 weeks - 4 years old. Signup on RecDesk or at the City Hall Parks & Recreation Office. Information on private swimming lessons is available at the pool during the season.
Three sessions are offered for Levels 1-6 (morning and evening times): Find more information about times and class sizes.
- Session 1: June 7 - June 18 (deadline May 28)
- Session 2: June 21 - July 2 (deadline June 11)
- Session 3: July 12 - July 23 (deadline July 2)
Infant and Toddler (evening times only): Registration starts in June. Find more information.
- Session 1: July 5 - July 9 (deadline July 2 )
- Session 2: July 12 - July 16 (deadline July 9)
Youth Swim Team:
Crete RipTide Swim Team offers kids ages 5-19 a chance to participate in a competitive swim league with Saturday meets in the Kansas-Nebraska Swim League and entries in the Cornhusker State Games in July. Members of the team are required to purchase their own swim suit and goggles. Weekday practices are held at Wildwood Pool or indoor workouts at alternate locations on bad weather days. All swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool unaided. Registration runs from April through early May online or at City Hall.
More Parks and Recreation information and online program signup can be found on RecDesk.