Crete's public parks are open with COVID advisory signs posted. Social distancing is recommended. Read more...
701 East 4th Street (4th Street and Grove Ave.)
Pool: 402.826.3500 (Season: May-August)
Parks & Recreation at City Hall: 402.826.4314
Wildwood Pool and Park is located in the southeast portion of the city. The public swimming pool, renovated in 2012, includes men’s and women’s restrooms and lockers, zero entry, two slides, swimming lanes, and two diving boards. The splash area is set for replacement in 2021. Pool season passes, swimming lessons, youth swim team, and pool parties are available, see below.
The park area includes two tennis courts, a playground, picnic area, and green space. Tennis courts were resurfaced in May 2018; one court is also lined for pickleball. (Go to Parks and Recreation Department Main Page)
- Season pool passes for individuals and families available at City Hall or on RecDesk; or at the pool after opening day
- Crete Recreation swimming lessons are offered in June and July, with rolling registration dates
- 3 session in June and July for Levels 1-6 (minimum age is 4 years) - Registration starts in May - see more program details.
- 2 sessions in July for infants and toddlers (ages 6 weeks - 4 years) - Registration starts in June
- private swimming lessons available - contact pool staff during open hours
- RipTide Swim Team (ages 5-19 years) - registration open April 5 - May 7
- Private pool parties are held on Fridays and Saturdays, 8-10 p.m., Sundays, 6-8 p.m. during the season
- schedule dates and pay fees at the Park and Recreation Office at City Hall prior to the pool opening and at the pool during the season
All 2021 season dates TBD:
- Opening - Memorial Day weekend, May 29
- Mayor's Day - free admission - June 7
- RipTide home Swim Meets - June 12 & 19
- Crete Public Library Summer Reading Program Pool Party - June 25
- Last Day of the Season, mid-August
- Pooch Pool Party, dogs welcome
More Parks and Recreation information and online program signup can be found on RecDesk.