701 East 4th Street (4th Street and Grove Ave.)
Pool: 402.826.3500 (Seasonal: May-August)
Parks & Recreation at City Hall: 402.826.4314
Wildwood Pool and Park is located in the southeast portion of the city. The public swimming pool includes men’s and women’s restrooms and lockers, zero entry, two slides, swimming lanes, and two diving boards. The splash area is new and improved in 2022. Pool season passes, swimming lessons, youth swim team, and pool parties are available, see below.
The park area includes two tennis courts, a playground, picnic area, and green space. Tennis courts include pickleball lines. (Go to Parks and Recreation Department Main Page)
See more information below on when and where to register for pool passes, pool parties, and swimming lessons.
View/download the following 2022 Wildwood Pool information in multiple formats:
2022 season dates:
- Pool employment listings for summer 2022 are now closed
- Riptide Swim Team registration ended May 6
- Pool Opening Day, Saturday, May 28 - Memorial Day weekend
- Mayor's Day - June 5, free admission
- RipTide home Swim Meet - June 4; team exhibition - July 2, 9 a.m. See details.
- The pool is closed all day for the swim meet on June 4.
- Crete Public Library Summer Reading Program Pool Party - June 26
- Independence Day, Monday, July 4 - open swim hours 1-4 p.m. only
- Last Day of the Season, Aug. 7
- Open swim from 1:00-3:00 p.m. with regular admission
- Pooch Pool Party from 3:00-4:00 p.m. Cost is $2.00 per dog
- Dogs must be non-aggressive and leashed upon arrival
- Toys and inflatables are allowed
- Dog owners are welcome to swim as well
|Pool Admission & Season Passes|
Season pool passes for individuals and families are available at City Hall prior to the pool opening and at the pool during the season. Passes can be purchased on RecDesk and picked up at City Hall prior to the pool opening and at the pool after opening day.
|Daily Individual Fees:||Season Passes:|
Swim Suit Policy: All patrons who want to swim MUST wear a commercially purchased swim suit. NO street clothes are allowed in the pool, including, but not limited to: jeans, gym shorts, cotton t-shirts, leggings/joggers. ALL infants must wear a swim-approved diaper.
|Monday - Friday|
|Swim Team Practice|
|Friday - Saturday|
Private pool parties are held on Fridays and Saturdays, 8-10 p.m., and Sundays, 6-8 p.m. during the season. Schedule dates and pay fees at City Hall prior to the pool opening and at the pool during the season.
Water Aerobics starts in June (start date TBD). There is no registration or signup necessary; participants may attend as many or as few sessions as they would like.
- Mondays - Fridays, 8:00 - 9:00 a.m.
- cost is $3 per person, per daily session.
Three sessions of swimming lessons for Levels 1 - 6 are held in June and July for participants at least 4 years old. Infant and toddler lessons are offered in July for participants ages 6 weeks - 4 years old. Information on private swimming lessons is available at the pool during the season.
- Registration is open for swimming lessons in Levels 1-6 and Infant and Toddlers. Register online or at City Hall. See details.
Crete RipTide Swim Team offers kids ages 5-18 a chance to participate in a competitive swim league with Saturday meets in the Kansas-Nebraska Swim League and entries in the Cornhusker State Games in July. Members of the team are required to purchase their own swim suit and goggles. Weekday practices are held at Wildwood Pool or indoor workouts at alternate locations on bad weather days. All swimmers must be able to swim the length of the pool unaided. Riptide Swim Team registration ended on May 6.
The RipTide Swim Team Exhibition will be held on Saturday, July 2 at 9 a.m. at Wildwood Pool. Crete Riptide youth swimmers will showcase events from this season’s meets. Swimmers report at 8 a.m. for warmups, events start at 9. The crowd will move over to Wildwood Park at 12 p.m. for swim team questions, popsicles, pictures, and fellowship. Spectators welcome.
More Parks and Recreation information and online program signup can be found on RecDesk.