The City of Crete utilizes gWorks software for digitally mapping property zones, districts, and other information related to the physical layout of the municipality and surrounding area within its jurisdiction.
Maps available include:
- Parcels, Sections, and address points
- Three Wards for city council representation and voting precincts
- Agricultural, Commercial, Industrial, Residential, and Public Zoning
- Floodplain Area
- Wellhead Protection Area
- Cemeteries - grave site information for two municipal cemeteries, Riverside and Blue Valley
- Emergency Snow Routes - applicable during a city-declared snow emergency
- Crete Fire District - Crete Volunteer Fire and Rescue coverage area
- Garbage and recycling collection routes
- Hydrant flushing areas (April and October, specific dates TBA)
(For more information city departments or functions list above, visit these links: city council, zoning regulations, municipal cemeteries, snow emergency routes, Crete Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department, garbage and recycling service, hydrant flushing)
Once on the City of Crete’s gWorks site, Layers and Basemap tabs are accessed on the left hand side of the screen. The Layers tab uses checkboxes to select which mapping layers are visible. Some layers have multiple sub-sections. Basemaps show street, satellite, topographical, or terrain views with selected layers.
Use the search field on the right hand side of the screen to search for names, property owners, etc.; filter results using the checkboxes displayed.
For additional questions or help using the city's gWorks mapping site, contact:
Public Works at City Hall
243 East 13th Street