City Hall is open to in-person visitors. Masks are available at building entrances.
City Hall - 243 East 13th Street
Crete NE 68333-0086
City Hall is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and centrally located in the downtown area on East 13th Street. Off-street parking, handicap parking, and the Utilities Office main entrance, with elevator, and Utilities drive-through window are located on the south side of the building, accessed from Linden Ave. between 12th and 13th Streets. The Mayor, City Administrator, Finance Director, City Clerk, Public Works - Utilities Office, Building Inspector, Parks and Recreation, Community Assistance Director, and Human Resources are all accessed on the ground floor or first floor of City Hall. The City Council Chambers, and Council Meeting Room are on the second floor. Below are online links to city officials.
- Utility Issues: If residents have any ongoing or immediate utilities issues or concerns (electric, water, sewer, trash or recycling, streets) they should call the Public Works Office at City Hall, 402.826.4312. If situations occur after regular business hours, calls to this number will be answered by dispatchers who will notify the proper on-call city personnel. This is the most direct and efficient way to contact the city regarding these issues.
City Website - www.crete.ne.gov
- Please use the City Government, Departments, Public Works, and Library sections above to find more information about City of Crete functions and services.
- Official City of Crete social media accounts (@CreteNE) are maintained by City Hall staff on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Additional city departments also maintain social media accounts: @CretePoliceNE, @CreteFireNE, @CreteLibraryNE. All accounts are for communication with the public about city services, programs, announcements, and notifications. Accounts are not monitored 24 hours a day. In an emergency, call 911. For utility issues, see above.
- Mayor Dave Bauer
- City Council Ward I - Travis Sears & Dan Papik
- City Council Ward II - Dale Strehle & Ryan Hinz
- City Council Ward III - Jack Oelschlager & Kyle Frans
City officials/department heads:
- City Administrator - Tom Ourada
- City Clerk-Treasurer - Jerry Wilcox
- City Attorney - Kyle Manley
- Deputy City Clerk-Treasurer - Kelsey Sisouvong
- Economic Development
- Human Resources - Wendy Thomas
- Police Chief - Steve Hensel
- Fire Chief - Tod Allen
- Community Assistance Director - Nancy Tellez
- Library Director - Joy Stevenson
- Building Inspector - Brad Bailey
- Parks and Recreation Department
- Public Works Department
- Electric, Water, Sewer, Garbage & Recycling, Streets, Cemeteries
- City Code