CVFD station equipment/tour
Crete Fire Station
The Crete Volunteer Fire Department's station at 14th & Linden Ave., built in 1966, houses seven trucks and three ambulances, with an additional truck off-site. The station includes a meeting room, office spaces, kitchen, and multiple storage areas. Inventory includes extrication equipment for vehicle and other accidents, as well as state-of-the-art breathing apparatus and tools to enter burning structures and combat hazardous situations. Take a station tour of vehicle information and station photos here:
90 - 2009 Chevrolet C5500 4x4 Light Rescue/Mini Pumper (500 gpm pump with a 300 gal water tank): first out to all car accidents and support apparatus for structure fires; equipment includes hydraulic rescue tools (Jaws of Life), stabilization equipment, airbags for lifting, ropes, and basic life support medical equipment.Crete Fire Station meeting room and officer work areas, Crete, NE.
- 91 - 2011 Midwest Fire/International Engine/Tanker (1,250 gpm pump with a 2,000 gal water tank): first tanker out on a rural fire call - brush or structure; responds as needed for manpower and tanker requests for mutual aid; equipment includes hand tools, ground ladders, chainsaw, and a 2,200 gal porta-tank.
- 92 - 2014 Smeal Engine (1500 gpm pump with a 1,000 gal water tank): first out to all structure fire responses as well as fire alarms and hazardous material responses; equipment includes hand tools, ventilation fans, chainsaw, rotary saw, salvage/overhaul equipment, gas monitor, thermal imager, grain rescue tube, hazmat equipment, and basic life support medical equipment.
- 93 - 2003 E-One Aerial (1250 gpm pump with a 500 gal water tank): second out in town for structure fire responses.; responds to rural fires and mutual aid requests as needed; equipment includes chainsaw, rotary saw, ground ladders, rope rescue equipment, hand tools, salvage/overhaul equipment, and ventilation fan.
- 94 - 2004 Ford F250 4x4 Utility/Brush Truck (200 gal water tank on a removable skid unit for brush/grass fires): utilized as needed or during high fire danger as a 3rd brush truck; used to pull the fire prevention trailer and shuttle personnel to various training events.
- 95 - 2007 Danko Ford F250 4x4 Brush Truck (260 gal water tank with a skid unit for brush/grass fires): responds to brush/grass fires.; equipment includes a portable foam educator and hand tools.
- 96 - 1997 Ford F250 4x4 Brush Truck (200 gal water tank with a skid unit for brush/grass fires): responds to brush/grass fires; equipment includes a portable foam educator and hand tools.
- 98 - 2002 Midwest Fire/GMC C7500 Tanker (2,000 gal water tank with a jockey pump): second tanker out on a rural fire call - brush or structure; responds to mutual aid request for tankers; equipment includes a 2,200 gal porta-tank.
- 3 Lifeline Ambulances: 99-1 - 2013 GMC G4500, 99-2 - 2009 Ford E450, 99-3 - 2005 Ford E450: all stocked with Basic Life Support equipment; LP15 Cardiac Monitor/Defibrillator; 99-1 and 99-2 each have a LUCAS Chest compression device.