Crete Fire Station & Equipment
The Crete Volunteer Fire Department's station at 14th & Linden Ave., built in 1966, houses seven trucks and two ambulances, with an additional truck and ambulance off-site. The station includes a meeting room, office spaces, kitchen, and multiple storage areas. Inventory includes extrication equipment for vehicle and other accidents, as well as state-of-the-art breathing apparatus and tools to enter burning structures and combat hazardous situations. Take a station tour of vehicle information and station photos here:
Unit 90 - 2009 Chevrolet C5500 4x4 Light Rescue/Mini Pumper (500 gpm pump with a 300 gal water tank): first out to all car accidents and support apparatus for structure fires; equipment includes hydraulic rescue tools (Jaws of Life), stabilization equipment, airbags for lifting, ropes, and basic life support medical equipment.Crete Fire Station meeting room and officer work areas, Crete, NE.
- Unit 91 - 2011 Midwest Fire/International Engine/Tanker (1,250 gpm pump with a 2,000 gal water tank): first tanker out on a rural fire call - brush or structure; responds as needed for manpower and tanker requests for mutual aid; equipment includes hand tools, ground ladders, chainsaw, and a 2,200 gal porta-tank.
- Unit 92 - 2014 Smeal Engine (1,500 gpm pump with a 1,000 gal water tank): first out to all structure fire responses as well as fire alarms and hazardous material responses; equipment includes hand tools, ventilation fans, chainsaw, rotary saw, salvage/overhaul equipment, gas monitor, thermal imager, grain rescue tube, hazmat equipment, and basic life support medical equipment.
- Unit 93 - 2003 E-One Aerial (1,250 gpm pump with a 500 gal water tank): second out in town for structure fire responses.; responds to rural fires and mutual aid requests as needed; equipment includes chainsaw, rotary saw, ground ladders, rope rescue equipment, hand tools, salvage/overhaul equipment, and ventilation fan.
- Unit 94 - 2004 Ford F250 4x4 Utility/Brush Truck (200 gal water tank on a removable skid unit for brush/grass fires): utilized as needed or during high fire danger as a 3rd brush truck; used to pull the fire prevention trailer and shuttle personnel to various training events.
- Unit 95 - 2007 Danko Ford F250 4x4 Brush Truck (260 gal water tank with a skid unit for brush/grass fires): responds to brush/grass fires.; equipment includes a portable foam educator and hand tools.
- Unit 96 - 1997 Ford F250 4x4 Brush Truck (200 gal water tank with a skid unit for brush/grass fires): responds to brush/grass fires; equipment includes a portable foam educator and hand tools.
- Unit 98 - 2021 Heiman Fire Waterking Tanker (Freightliner chassis with 3,000 gal water tank and 1,000 gpm pump): second tanker out on a rural fire call - brush or structure; responds to mutual aid request for tankers; equipment includes a 3,000 gal porta-tank.
- 2 Lifeline Ambulances: Unit 99-1 - 2013 GMC G4500 & Unit 99-2 - 2009 Ford E450: each stocked with Advanced Life Support equipment; LP15 Cardiac Monitor/Defibrillator; and LUCAS Chest compression device.
- Demers Ambulance: Unit 99-3 - 2019 Danko RAM 4500: gas hemi on a 4x4 chassis; Advanced Life Support equipment; LP15 Cardiac Monitor/Defibrillator.