Search Local Newspapers
The Crete News and older local newspapers database. Find news articles from 01/01/1871 – 12/31/2017.
The Doane Owl, student newspaper of Doane University ('Doane College' prior to 2016). Find articles from 1879-2019.
Find voter registration forms at the links below:
Check these web resources for current job openings. Check with library staff for books that provide interviewing and resume guidance. If you need direct assistance with filling out an application the Community Assistance Office would be happy to help.
- Local industry:
- Nebraska Department of Labor - NEworks Follow the steps to register for this site, then begin your search. Resumes can be constructed and saved on this site for future job searches.
- Nebraska State Government A wide range of job openings across the state are posted here, from temporary to permanent positions.
- QPS Employment Group - Finding placements in clerical, light industrial, skilled trade and professional.
- USAJobs This job site provides federal job openings. Jobs may be located both by title and by location.
- Celebrity Staff This company works with both job seekers and employers.
- Nueuvoo Has more than 4 million jobs listed in the U.S. with thousands of internships and volunteer opportunities.
Online free tax preparation service operated by a nonprofit. www.myfreetaxes.com
Online Colleges and Universities in Nebraska
- Best Online Colleges in Nebraska - https://www.affordablecollegesonline.org/online-colleges/nebraska/
- Accredited Online Colleges in Nebraska - https://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/nebraska/
- Best Vocational Schools in Nebraska - https://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/vocational-trade-school/nebraska/
Financial Aid, Scholarship, and Affordability
- Financial Aid for Online Schools: http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/financial-aid/
- Scholarships and Financial Aid for Online Colleges: http://www.learnhowtobecome.org/college/financial-aid-for-online-colleges/
Other online resources
- https://supremecourt.nebraska.gov/forms - forms currently available to the public and attorneys through the Nebraska Administrative Office of the Courts.
- https://supremecourt.nebraska.gov/self-help - forms and information found on this online self-help center are provided by the Nebraska Supreme Court’s Committee on Self-Represented Litigation as part of the Nebraska Supreme Court’s commitment to ensuring that all Nebraskans have meaningful and full access to the judicial system, including those Nebraskans who represent themselves.
- http://crete.driving-tests.org - a free driver education program
- Resume Generator - Free online resume creator
- Got Resume Builder- Free online resume creator
- https://dol.nebraska.gov/UIBenefits - This link provides more information about Unemployment Insurance Benefits. Under Instructions, you can find step-by-step instructions for filing a claim. There is also contact information available for any questions regarding Unemployment Insurance Benefits.