Parking Enforcement & Vehicle Impound
Crete Police Department
Police Station - 1945 Forest Avenue
Business Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m. and Noon to 5 p.m.
Records Office: 402.826.6422
Mary Klahn, Police Administrative Assistant
The City of Crete maintains Parking and Traffic Ordinances for public safety and the efficient and orderly flow of traffic. If a vehicle accumulates three tickets for any parking violations within 30 days, it will be towed on the issuance of the third ticket.
Parking and vehicle regulations include, but are not limited to:
24-hour parking: Vehicles cannot remain parked on streets, public roads or public property for more than 24 hours at a time. Vehicles parked in this manner make it difficult to regularly clean city streets and effectively remove snow.
Downtown Parking: No Parking between 2 - 4 a.m. - indicated by signs in the downtown district
Emergency Snow Routes: After a significant snow event, typically three or more inches of accumulation, the city may declare a Snow Emergency and the time which it will be in effect. During a Snow Emergency, parking along marked Emergency Snow Routes is prohibited. (view pdf map or go to the online map and select 'Emergency Snow Routes' under the Layers tab)
- During declared snow emergencies, vehicles may be towed immediately if parked on a marked Emergency Snow Route.
- The city has marked Emergency Snow Routes on all or portions of arterial streets including: Highway 33/103, Hawthorne, Boswell, Iris, and Main Avenues; East 1st, East 4th, East 5th, East 9th, East 12th, East 14th, East 15th, and East 29th Streets; others include Betten Rd., the entire downtown area and streets around Crete Elementary school.
- If a vehicle was towed/impounded by the Crete Police Department it may be claimed from the towing company once the fees are paid to the police department.
- Vehicles will only be released from impound Monday through Friday between 8 – 11 a.m. and 12 – 5 p.m. (excluding holidays).
- Call the police administrative assistant at 402.826.6422 to determine the proper tow/impound fees and provide the necessary information to determine ownership or provide proof of ownership in one of the following ways:
- Fax a copy of the vehicle title, bill of sale paperwork or the owner’s driver’s license to 402.826.2180.
- Email a scanned copy or photo of the vehicle title, bill of sale paperwork or vehicle owner's driver’s license (must match owner information) to email@example.com;
- The administrative assistant will provide a reference number to the vehicle owner or lien holder. This number is necessary to ensure the proper tracking of payments.
- Go to Payment Options for parking tickets and impound fees issued by the Crete Police Department.
- Upon receipt of the proper fines/fees and proof of ownership, the administrative assistant will arrange a time for the owner or lienholder to retrieve the vehicle from impound.
- City Master Fee Schedule: A comprehensive list of all city fees for services, permits, utilities, and programs across all departments and offices. View the Master Fee Schedule