City Hall - 243 East 13th Street
Crete NE 68333-0086
- City Hall is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and centrally located in the downtown area on East 13th Street.
- South side parking and ground level entrance: (access from Linden Ave. between 12th and 13th Streets) Off-street parking, handicap parking, and Utilities drive-thru; Utilities Office ground level main entrance and elevator access.
- North side parking and first floor entrance (steps): Parallel parking spaces are available along East 13th street.
- Ground Floor: Public Works - Utilities Office and elevator access.
- First Floor: City Administrator, City Clerk-Treasurer, Building Inspector, Parks and Recreation (program registration and city facilities rentals/reservations), Community Assistance Director, and Human Resources
- Second Floor: City Council Chambers, and Council Meeting Room
Utility Issues: If residents have any ongoing or immediate utilities issues or concerns (electric, water, sewer, street, trash or recycling) they should call the Public Works Office at City Hall, 402.826.4312. If situations occur after regular business hours, calls to this number will be answered by dispatchers who will notify the proper on-call city personnel. This is the most direct and efficient way to contact the city regarding these issues.
Website - www.crete.ne.gov | Social Media
- Please use the City Government, Departments, Public Works, and Library sections above to find more information about City of Crete functions and services.
- Official City of Crete social media accounts (@CreteNE) are maintained by City Hall staff on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Additional city departments also maintain social media accounts: @CretePoliceNE, @CPDPoPaws, @CreteFireNE, @CreteLibraryNE. All accounts are for communication with the public about city services, programs, announcements, and notifications. Accounts are not monitored 24 hours a day. In an emergency, call 911. For utility issues, see above.
- Mayor Dave Bauer
- City Council Ward I - Dan Papik, Anthony Fitzgerald
- City Council Ward II - Dale Strehle, Tom Crisman
- City Council Ward III - Jack Oelschlager, Kyle Frans
City officials/department heads:
- City Administrator - Tom Ourada
- City Clerk-Treasurer - Jerry Wilcox
- Acting City Clerk - Nancy Tellez
- City Attorney
- Economic Development
- Human Resources - Director Wendy Thomas
- Coordinator, Savannah Anderson
- Police Chief - Gary Young
- Fire Chief - Tod Allen
- Community Assistance Office - Director Marilyn Schacht
- Library Director - Joy Stevenson
- Building Inspector - Brad Bailey
- Parks and Recreation Department -Director Liz Cody
- Public Works - Utilities
- City Code
- Please see information and the Records Request form from the City Clerk's Office