City of Crete
Departments of Public Works
Waste Water Department
City Hall - 243 East 13th Street
Waste Water Treatment Facility - 742 State Highway 103
Public Works: 402.826.4312
Public Works Directory
To report problems with wastewater service, please call the Public Works Department.
The City of Crete completed a new wastewater treatment facility, which was a community investment of nearly $12.9 million. The new facility was installed to address the City's new discharge permit standards. The previous wastewater treatment facility, located at the southern end of town, along South Main Street, was built in 1974. Even with various upgrades completed over the years, the facility could no longer meet current design and compliance standards. The new facility was designed by Olsson Associates, and built by Hawkins Construction, who served as the general contractor. The facility went online May 16, 2016
- Residential Sewer Rate: Monthly customer fee $29.70, plus $2.63 per 1,000 gallons average monthly water consumption for the lowest three months of water usage of the five winter months of November, December, January February and March (Calculated each April) or $37.51 average sewer fee for customers without usage history.
- Commercial Sewer Rates: Contact the Public Works Office at 402.826.4312.
- City Master Fee Schedule includes rates and fees for city electrical, water, and sewer service for residential, commercial, or industrial customers. View the Master Fee Schedule (pdf)
- A service deposit is required on all addresses; transferable if the resident moves to a new address within City service
- More information on Utility Billing and Payments...