Borrow & Reserve Materials
As of March 24, access to the library collections and meeting rooms is open to the public with increased capacity limits. Read more about current library services.
The Crete Public Library provides access to more than 27,000 print and audio visual resources. These include adult and juvenile fiction and non-fiction books, audio books, DVDs and videos, large print books, newspapers and magazines. The Library also provides access to eBooks and audiobooks through OverDrive and Libby. A variety of databases are also available for patron use with access from the library catalog. Microfilm records of past and present area newspapers are also available for viewing and printing.
- Present your library card when checking out materials.
- Books, audio books, cake pans and DVDs may be checked out for three weeks; magazines may be checked out for one week.
- Individual cardholders may checkout up to twenty (20) items; family cardholders may checkout up to forty (40) items; DVDs are limited to eight per household.
- Return materials at the circulation desk inside the library or at the drive-thru on the south side of the building with slots for books and media.
- Material may be renewed as long as there have been no other requests for it. Generally, a maximum of two renewals is allowed, but this is determined on a case by case basis.
- InterLibrary Loan (ILL) service is open for print and audio books not in the CPL collection, but available at other libraries that are still offering the service at this time; patrons do pay the mailing cost (one way only) for books loaned through this service.
Patrons can reserve items through the online catalog or call the library (402.826.3809) and talk to a staff member about reserving materials. Items must be reserved in advance by phone or online to pick up at the window.
- Log in to the Library Catalog (upper right corner) with your library card numbers only and the phone number (no dashes) assigned to your account.
- 402 area code, use only the 7-digit phone number
- Other area codes, use the 10-digit phone number
- Find materials (upper left) by searching subjects, titles, and authors. In the search results, click on titles to view more information and library availability. When viewing a title:
- Click 'Reserve This Item'
- Choose 'Pickup Window' for drive-thru or 'Inside' to pick up in the library
- Confirm your phone or email for notifications
- Click 'Place Reserve'
- Check your phone or email for notifications when items are ready
- Visit the library during regular hours to pick up your materials through the pickup lane at 15th and Forest Ave. or inside.