City of Crete
Departments of Public Works
Crete Transfer Station/Landfill - 478 County Road 2300 (1/2 mile north of Highway 33 on Boswell Ave.)
Hours: Tuesdays, 1:00 - 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Public Works: 402.826.4312
The Garbage Company: 1.800.322.4272
Public Works Directory
The Crete Transfer Station/Landfill is owned by the City of Crete and operated by The Garbage Company for disposal of larger loads of household trash, large garbage items, and recyclables (all with associated fees) or free disposal of yard waste and branches. All state laws and local ordinances apply.
Free disposal: branches and yard waste can be disposed of free of charge; appliances, hot water heaters, metal and iron also accepted at no cost. Items with freon must have it removed and tagged.
Fees established by The Garbage Company: larger loads of household trash and waste, recyclable materials disposed of at the Transfer Station
- Recyclable items (aluminum/tin, paper, plastics, cardboard) are accepted for a fee:
- $0.20 per pound, $1 minimum.
- Household trash fees per load/item:
- $1 per trash bag (13 gal); $5 per trash can/tote
- empty paint cans
- miscellaneous large items (ex. sofa, mattress) - $11 each item
- car trunk load - $11
- small pickup load - $16; large pickup load - $27
- trailer load - $44
- Construction materials (ex. roofing, shingles, plaster, wood, etc.) fees per load, by size
- trash can/tote - $11
- small pickup load - $44; large pickup load - $60
- trailer load - $88
- The Garbage Company reserves the right to refuse business.
- City Master Fee Schedule includes rates and fees for city electrical, water, and sewer service for residential, commercial, or industrial customers, garbage and recycling collection rates, and Transfer Station fees. View the Master Fee Schedule
Not accepted: paint, chemicals, tires, farm truck loads, dump truck loads or semi loads.
City of Crete Annual Spring Cleanup: The Departments of Public Works holds the annual Spring Cleanup the first week of May, with Transfer Station coupons, major appliance curbside pick-up, and downtown cleanup day.
Roll-off dumpsters and containers: Contact The Garbage Company at the number above about renting roll-off containers for delivery to residential or commercial work sites within the City of Crete.
Household Hazardous Materials and Electronics Collections: Other local and area agencies sponsor collections of these materials on an annual basis, typically in the spring or fall. The City will share information when it is received.
Find more information on residential and commercial Garbage & Recycling Collection routes.