City of Crete
Departments of Public Works
Crete Transfer Station/Landfill - 478 County Road 2300 (1/2 mile north of Highway 33 on Boswell Ave.)
Hours: Tuesdays, 1:00 - 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Public Works: 402.826.4312
The Garbage Company: 1.800.322.4272
Public Works Directory
Free disposal: branches and yard waste can be disposed of free of charge; appliances, hot water heaters, metal and iron also accepted at no cost. Items with freon must have it removed and tagged.
Fees established by The Garbage Company: larger loads of household trash and waste, recyclable materials disposed of at the Transfer Station
- Recyclable items (aluminum/tin, paper, plastics, cardboard) are accepted for a fee:
- $0.20 per pound, $1 minimum.
- Household trash fees per load/item:
- $1 per trash bag (13 gal); $5 per trash can/tote
- miscellaneous large items (ex. sofa, mattress) - $11 each item
- car trunk load - $11
- small pickup load - $16; large pickup load - $27
- trailer load - $44
- Construction materials (ex. shingles, plaster, wood, etc.) have additional fees based on load size: trash can, small or large pickup, trailer.
- The Garbage Company reserves the right to refuse business.
Not accepted: tires, farm truck loads, dump truck loads or semi loads.
Find more information on residential and commercial Garbage & Recycling Collection routes.