City of Crete
Departments of Public Works
Crete Transfer Station/Landfill - 478 County Road 2300 (1/2 mile north of Highway 33 on Boswell Ave.)
Hours: Tuesdays, 1:00 - 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Public Works: 402.826.4312
The Garbage Company: 1.800.322.4272
Public Works Directory
The Crete Transfer Station/Landfill is owned by the City of Crete and operated by The Garbage Company for disposal of larger loads of household trash, large garbage items, and recyclables (all with associated fees) or free disposal of yard waste and branches. All state laws and local ordinances apply.
Free disposal: branches and yard waste can be disposed of free of charge; appliances, hot water heaters, metal and iron also accepted at no cost. Items with freon must have it removed and tagged.
Fees established by The Garbage Company: larger loads of household trash and waste, recyclable materials disposed of at the Transfer Station
- Recyclable items (aluminum/tin, paper, plastics, cardboard) are accepted for a fee:
- $0.20 per pound, $1 minimum.
- Household trash fees per load/item:
- $1 per trash bag (13 gal); $5 per trash can/tote
- empty paint cans
- miscellaneous large items (ex. sofa, mattress) - $11 each item
- car trunk load - $11
- small pickup load - $16; large pickup load - $27
- trailer load - $44
- Construction materials (ex. shingles, plaster, wood, etc.) have additional fees based on load size: trash can, small or large pickup, trailer.
- The Garbage Company reserves the right to refuse business.
Not accepted: tires, farm truck loads, dump truck loads or semi loads.
Find more information on residential and commercial Garbage & Recycling Collection routes.