The Transfer Station will be closed on Saturday for the Fourth of July holiday. Regular hours will resume on Tuesday (July 7).
City of Crete
Departments of Public Works
Crete Transfer Station/Landfill - 478 County Road 2300 (1/2 mile north of Highway 33 on Boswell Ave.)
Hours: Tuesdays, 1:00 - 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Public Works: 402.826.4312
The Garbage Company: 1.800.322.4272
Public Works Directory
Free disposal: branches and yard waste can be disposed of free of charge; appliances, hot water heaters, metal and iron also accepted at no cost. Items with freon must have it removed and tagged.
Fees established by The Garbage Company: larger loads of household trash and waste
- Miscellaneous items with fees based on size and weight include: carpet, mattresses and box springs, furniture, televisions, sinks, and toilets.
- Other materials deemed hazardous (railroad ties, insulation) or construction-type materials may have additional fees.
- Recyclable items are also accepted at the transfer station with flat rates for pickup and car loads: aluminum/tin, plastic, cardboard, paper.
- The Garbage Company reserves the right to refuse business.
- Basic fees per vehicle load may start at:
- car trunk - $10
- small pickup - $15
- large pickup - $25
- trailer - $40
Not accepted: tires, farm truck loads, dump truck loads or semi loads.
Find more information on residential and commercial Garbage & Recycling Collection routes.