Tuxedo Park & Camping
Main entrance: West 13th Street and Tuxedo Road (3-ton bridge)
Back entrance: West 13th Street and Idaho Road
The largest park in Crete is Tuxedo Park, a 96-acre facility located in the northwest area of town, west of the Blue River. A broad range of recreational facilities are provided in the park. (Go to Parks and Recreation Department Main Page)
- The main entrance is off West 13th Street at Tuxedo Road with a single lane bridge - weight limit 3 tons.
- The back entrance for larger vehicles is accessed from West 13th Street onto Idaho Road (just west of the Riverside Cemetery entrance.)
- Or from Highway 33 north on Arizona Ave. to the stop sign, turn right onto West 13th and then left (north) onto Idaho Ave.
The park has public restrooms, shower facilities and fresh water available (April -October), 20 RV camping sites and picnic areas. Fee is $10 per day on a first come first serve basis; no reservations are taken. For questions, please call the Parks and Recreation Office at City Hall, 402.826.4314.
- Campers must use the back entrance;
- 10 hookups by the baseball field - 20 amp & 30 amp breaker and pads approximately 35 feet long;
- 10 hookups by the river - 30 amp & 50 amp breaker and pads approximately 40 feet long;
- Registration boxes by the baseball field restrooms and near the south playground;
- Tent camping is free if not in an electrical camping spot (must register and pay $10 daily fee if using electricity);
- Please display registration in plain sight on your camper;
- Maximum stay is 10 nights;
- Campsite must be vacated by 4 p.m., unless reregistered;
- Dump station is on the south side of park;
- Campfires only in fire rings
Athletic Fields, Playgrounds & Facilities
Thom Stallard Legion baseball field and press box and the Howard Waltman Softball Complex with four fields host numerous teams and tournaments throughout the season. Baseball and softball areas both have dugouts, concession stands and batting cages. Reserve a Tuxedo Park ball field on RecDesk.
Cerny Memorial Park is a playground on the south side of the park with slides, swing sets, climbing bar, small kids play area, and a sand box. The east playground, near the softball complex, includes a swing set, sand box and play structure.
The Izaak Walton League cabin and shooting range (trap, skeet, sporting clays) is located in the northwest corner of the park. This cabin and range is maintained by the Crete Ikes organization. The park also has a ski trail, hiking trails, horseshoe pits, and sand volleyball courts.
Saline County Fairgrounds
The Saline County Fairgrounds are located at the park for use during the fair in mid-July. Several buildings are owned and maintained by the Saline County Agricultural Society and rental information is available upon request or online.
The lakebed area in the southeast portion of Tuxedo Park is currently being leased (approved March 2018) for operation of a go kart track, Tuxedo Park Raceway. Scheduled races only are slated for Saturdays from May through October. Find more information online or on Facebook.
The City of Crete is diligent in the fight against disease carrying mosquitoes. Tuxedo Park is treated with spray on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings to avoid activities in the park.