Economic Development Office
Tom Ourada, City Administrator
Judi Meyer, City Clerk
City Hall - 243 East 13th Street
Crete NE 68333-0086
The City of Crete recognizes the need for business and government to work together for economic development and works to further this concept through the Economic Development Committee and the Economic Development Office.
The Economic Development Department serves as a point of contact for local businesses, businesses looking to relocate into Crete, development organizations, and state and federal agencies. The development office can provide information about Crete's demographics, housing, infrastructure, and other aspects of the community on request, or access data in the sections below or at left. The City of Crete is proud to be a Nebraska Department of Economic Development Certified Community.
More about Crete:
- Business & Industry
- Local business regulations and licensing
- Real estate/housing
- City affiliations, studies, surveys and data
- Major employers
- Living in Crete
- Community & History
- Agencies & Programs
- Major community construction highlights:
- The City of Crete opened the new 20,000 sq ft Crete Public Library and Community Room in January 2020. The site also includes a new park.
- A new 80-room Fairfield Inn and Suites opened in 2020; businesses moving to newly constructed buildings: Orescheln Farm & Home (2020), UBT (2015), Runza (2014), Dairy Queen;
- Crete High School, at 174,000 sq ft, was new in 2016. Other recent district improvements included major renovations to the former high school building to function as a middle school; and a new 8-lane track.
- Doane University: completed a 22,000 sq ft expansion of Fuhrer Fieldhouse in 2014; George and Sally Haddix Recreation and Athletic Center, over 63,000 sq ft, was new in 2010; Chab Weyers Education and Hixson Lied Art Building was new in 2007;
- Crete Area Medical Center, a 24-bed critical access hospital, was new in 2003, with more recent additions and renovations.