City of Crete offers energy efficiency programs for 2020-21
The City of Crete Department of Public Works, in partnership with its wholesale electric power supplier, the Municipal Energy Agency of Nebraska, is continuing to provide four energy efficiency programs to assist in lowering energy costs for local utility customers through energy efficiency improvements.
The programs offer cash incentives to make energy efficient upgrades in the areas of insulation, cooling systems, home thermostats and commercial lighting. The programs are available through March 31, 2021 or while program funds last. Here is a rundown of the four programs:
- Smart Thermostat Program
- Provides a cash incentive of up to $100 paid directly to residential customers to help cover the cost of installing a qualifying smart thermostat.
- Attic Insulation Program
- Provides cash incentives of $0.15 / per square foot with a maximum incentive of $300 per existing residential dwelling for attic insulation.
- Cooling System Tune-Up Program
- Provides a $30 cash incentive to residential homeowners who have their cooling system tuned up by a HVAC contractor, regardless of what type or age of cooling system (air conditioner/air or water source heat pump).
- Commercial LED Lighting Program
- Provides cash incentives paid directly to commercial customers to help cover the cost of interior lighting upgrades and replacements.
These programs are available to customers of the City of Crete through its wholesale power partnership with the Municipal Energy Agency of Nebraska. For more information on these programs, contact the Utility Office at City Hall, 402.826.4312, or go to www.nmppenergy.org/mean to download program guidelines and application forms.