Summer Reading Program 2022
Activities added for teens and adults
All activities and programs are open to children free of charge, but registration is required in order for staff to adequately prepare library spaces and materials. Signup was through the kickoff on June 2. Calendars are made available at the library and online.
Bingo sheets for teens and adults are at the bottom of this article.
The program kickoff is on Thursday, June 2, from 6-8 p.m. at the library with a variety of activities including a balloon artist and special guest, Pete the Cat.
Elementary age programs will be on Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m. while programs for all ages will be on Wednesdays, also at 1:30 p.m. One exception is the Wildlife Encounters program for all ages, on Tuesday, June 14 at 10:30 a.m. Preschool Story Time and activities will be offered on Thursdays, with two time slots, 10:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m.
- Week One - "Bee-yond the Ocean" with a pollinator scavenger hunt, bee house making, Bees and Butterflies story time, seed and honey program, and a Bio Blitz family event at Doane;
- Week Two - includes Wildlife Encounters, interactive movie "Finding Nemo," and Sea Creatures story time;
- Week Three - Shark Week, with a shark party, shark shows, and Sharks Alive story time;
- Week Four - includes Splash of Magic Show, treasure hunt, and Ocean Treasures story time.
The library's Wildwood Pool party is on Sunday, June 26, from 6-8 p.m.
Summer Reading participants age 7 and under need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian during Summer Reading activities. The Library encourages parents and guardians to arrange safe escort to and from programs. Library staff is not responsible for children before and after programs.
Teen Bingo: Keep track of the books you read this summer on your bingo sheet. One title per bingo square - no title repeats.
- A completed bingo row (across, diagonal or down) counts as completing summer reading. Feel free to challenge yourself to complete the whole sheet.
- Tickets will be given out for each completed row. Grand Prize will be a $50 gift card. Return the sheet to the library with your information filled out on the back.
Adult Bingo: Read five (5) books in July and August.
- Pick one book from any of the squares. No need to choose from a single row or column.
- One book cannot be used for more than one square - i.e. read a book from the young adult section and also made into a movie (Twilight). Circle the completed square.
Pick up sheets at the library or download here:
For more information, stop by or call the library, or email, Crete Public Library.
Sponsors for the 2022 program are the Friends of Crete Public Library, Nestle Purina, and Crete Ace Hardware.
Check out the resources and services available at Crete Public Library:
- Meet the library staff
- Library Card Signup
- Borrow & Reserve Materials (drive-thru pickup window available)
- OverDrive and Libby audiobook and ebooks
- Computer use and printing
- Reserve a meeting/study room
- Support & Volunteer
Crete Public Library
1515 Forest Ave.
Crete, NE 68333