Zoning Regulations and Building Codes
The International Building Code (IBC), International Residential Code (IRC), International Property Maintenance Code, Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC) - with Lincoln Amendments, National Electric Code, International Mechanical Code and National Fire Code (NFPA), as adopted in City Code, are enforced within the city limits of Crete and the two mile zoning jurisdiction. (City of Crete Zoning Map)
For additional information regarding Municipal Building Code, permits and zoning regulations, contact Brad Bailey, Municipal Building Inspector; 402-826-4312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific Chapters and Articles of the Crete City Code, relating to zoning regulations, building codes, and Wellhead Protection Plan are linked below.
Building and Zoning sections of the Crete City Code
- Chapter 8: Public Ways and Property
- Sidewalks, streets, curb and gutter
- Chapter 9: Building Regulations
- permits, building moving, barricades and lights, unsafe buildings, building, plumbing, residential, and mechanical codes, International Property Maintenance Code, fair housing, electrical code, etc.
- Chapter 11: Municipal Planning
- Comprehensive Plan, zoning regulations, flood plain districts, etc.
- Wellhead Protection Plan (191 page pdf)
City of Crete maps
- City Maps - online mapping for zoning, floodplain, well head protection, parcels, sections, address points, etc.
- zoning map (pdf)
- Flood Plain Map - Effective Oct. 27, 2022
- Note: More detailed versions of these maps are available in print and online; click on the images to view pdf documents
More Building Inspector information: