Meter Reader - Public Works
Applications accepted until position is filled
Crete is a growing and diverse 'community in motion' with over 7,000 residents who call it home. We embrace our pioneering heritage and present-day diversity and continue to thrive with a strong economy, successful school system, and safe parks and neighborhoods.
The City of Crete has nearly 70 full time employees. No matter what role you have with us, you are sure to experience growth, professional development, and career achievements.
The City of Crete is taking applications for the position of Meter Reader in the Public Works Utilities Department. Non-exempt, part-time position. General functions: Reads electric and water meters and records volume used by residential and commercial consumers to obtain information used in preparing bills for the City of Crete up to 3 days a month. See full job description for more information.
Minimum qualifications include:
- possess a valid driver’s license;
- must be at least 18 years of age;
- have high school diploma or GED;
- be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled and may be obtained from the link below or by contacting the Human Resources Coordinator at City Hall. The City of Crete is an equal opportunity employer. Applications should be completed and submitted in one of the following ways:
- Download the application and job description, type responses, print as PDF and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print, write responses, scan, and email to email@example.com
- Fax to 402-826-4334
- Mail to the attention of Human Resources, City of Crete, at PO Box 86, Crete, NE 68333-0086
- Drop off at Crete City Hall - 243 East 13th Street
View/download the job description and employment application:
For additional inquiries, please contact:
Wendy Thomas, Human Resources Director
Savannah Anderson, Human Resources Coordinator
City Hall - 243 East 13th Street
Crete NE 68333-0086
Phone: 402.826.4313 Fax: 402.826.4334