Street Operator - Public Works
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Crete is a growing and diverse 'community in motion' with over 7,000 residents who call it home. We embrace our pioneering heritage and present-day diversity and continue to thrive with a strong economy, successful school system, and safe parks and neighborhoods.
The City of Crete has nearly 70 full time employees. No matter what role you have with us, you are sure to experience growth, professional development, and career achievements.
The City of Crete is taking applications for the position of Street Operator in the Departments of Public Works. Full-time, with benefits, hourly position (subject to working at any time for snow removal, street cleaning, and painting operations). General functions: Organize and implement all direct work duties and responsibilities relating to City Street maintenance. Report to the Street Supervisor, Public Works Director. See full job description for more information.
Minimum qualifications include:
- possess a valid driver’s license;
- must be at least 21 years of age;
- have high school diploma or GED;
- be legally able to work in the U.S.
Necessary special qualifications:
- Reside within 20 minutes of the City of Crete
- Must maintain a phone
- Must maintain CDL B License with Tanker Endorsement
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled and may be obtained from the link below or by contacting the Human Resources Coordinator at City Hall. The City of Crete is an equal opportunity employer. Applications should be completed and submitted in one of the following ways:
- Download the application and job description, type responses, print as PDF and email to email@example.com
- Print, write responses, scan, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 402-826-4334
- Mail to the attention of Savannah Anderson, Human Resources, City of Crete, at PO Box 86, Crete, NE 68333-0086
- Drop off at Crete City Hall - 243 East 13th Street
View/download the job description and employment application:
For additional inquiries, please contact:
Wendy Thomas, Human Resources Director
Savannah Anderson, Human Resources Coordinator
City Hall - 243 East 13th Street
Crete NE 68333-0086
Phone: 402.826.4313 Fax: 402.826.4334