Update: Status of city services & information links
(Information current as of Nov. 9.)
For the general public:
The City of Crete will continue to share relevant and timely information and recommendations from public health services - State of Nebraska and the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and local Public Health Solutions.
The City of Crete advises all residents to follow the statewide Directed Health Measures from state officials during this COVID-19 outbreak. The city is in regular communication with health officials on the best courses of action for communities and will continue to share relevant and timely information. Directed Health Measures issued by the state are restrictions on individuals and businesses to slow the spread of COVID-19. Read more about the DHM, links, and local case maps.
Status of City of Crete facilities and services:
The City of Crete has the health and safety of employees and community residents in mind by increasing already routine cleaning and disinfection procedures during the current COVID-19 outbreak. City officials are in communication with local partners, schools and industries to discuss health and safety plans.
Update Nov. 9: City Hall is currently closed to in-person visitors. Contact staff by phone or email during regular business hours: Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm. All City of Crete meetings of the city council, committees, boards, and commissions will be held in the Community Room at Crete Public Library.
Utility Bills can be paid in the drive-thru during regular business hours or left in the night dropbox. Access the drive-thru/night drop by entering on Linden Ave. between the Post Office and the City Park tank and driving along the south side of City Hall, then turn left at the “Public Works Business Only” sign. Exit onto East 13th Street.
Utility payments can also be mailed to City Hall (243 East 13th Street, Crete, NE, 68333) or made online. Find more information on utility bills and payments.
City Hall phone numbers:
- Administration, Utility Office, Public Works, Building Inspector: 402.826.4312
- Finance Director, City Clerk, Human Resources: 402.826.4313
- Parks and Recreation: 402.826.4314
- Community Assistance Office: 402.826.6405 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find more phone numbers and staff emails.
- See end of article for more online links
The City will provide updates and any changes in access to city services as they become available. Find information on the city website and social media accounts, @CreteNE.
Crete Police Department - lobby:
The lobby of the police station (1945 Forest Ave.) is closed to walk-in access. Details are available in the Police Department section of this site, including:
- Burn permits are now available online. Permits will not be provided at the station.
- Police Reports will be sent only by email. Paper reports will not be provided.
- See the Animal Control and Licensing page for pet licenses and animal impounds
- See the Parking Enforcement page for parking tickets and vehicle impounds.
If residents wish to report a crime that doesn't immediately need a police officer to respond, please call 402.826.6422 for the administration/records section Monday through Friday between 8 a.m.-11 a.m. and from 12 p.m.-5 p.m. For police response call 402.826.4311. An officer may contact you by phone or in person, depending on the call type.
Crete Public Library:
As of Monday, Nov. 9, Crete Public Library is closed to public walk-in access. Library staff are available by phone and email and for limited services through the pickup window on the south side of the building. Call 402.826.3809. Read more about current library access and reserving materials through the online library catalog.
The Library pickup window hours are as follows:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.;
- Tuesday and Thursday - 10:00 - 7:00 p.m.;
- Saturday - 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Parks and Recreation:
Update: August: Youth recreation program signup has resumed for volleyball and flag football. COVID waivers now inlcuded in signup.
Update June 1: Crete's public parks will reopen on June 18; Wildwood Pool will remain closed. Social distancing guidelines must be followed - groups of six or less and six foot separation between groups. Read more...
Update, May 26: Tuxedo Park is open to approved baseball and softball participants under new guidelines.
Update, March: Youth Soccer, Micro Soccer, Micro T-Ball, T-Ball, and RipTide swim team programs are canceled for this spring and summer.
Registration fees for Youth and Micro Socer programs will be refunded to all participants via mail as soon as possible. Youth Soccer participants (grades 1-6) that have not yet received their soccer shirt may pick it up at the recreation office at City Hall after April 13.
Recreation questions can be directed to Dan Dunaway, Recreation Coordinator, 402.826.4314, or email email@example.com
Transfer Station regular hours will continue to be Tuesdays, from 1 to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The station is located 1/2 mile north of Highway 33 and Boswell Avenue on the east side of the road (478 County Road 2300). Yard waste or brush and metal or iron items can be dropped off for free. All appliances with freon must have it removed and tagged prior to disposal.
Fees are charged for certain garbage items. Under current social distancing guidelines, no payments will be accepted at the Transfer Station; attendants will instead collect contact information from residents and the city will issue a bill for disposal of garbage items. Bills can be paid by mail or through the City Hall Utilities Office drive-thru.
The city provides an abundance of information on departments, services, and programs online. See tabs above or these links:
- City Hall phone numbers and emails
- Full City Code, with searchable keywords;
- City Zoning Regulations;
- Forms & Documents;
- Building Inspector: Building permits and Call Before You Dig information;
- Crete Police Department services - pet licenses, vehicle tickets and impound
- Community and Economic Development programs (LB 840 and TIF);
- Parks and Recreation information, including park locations and amenities and recreation program signup on RecDesk;
- Crete Public Library - staff contact information; Overdrive audio and ebooks;
- Living in Crete - community links for agencies, programs, recreation