Update: Status of city services & information links
(Information current as of July 14, 2021)
For the general public:
The City of Crete will continue to share relevant and timely information and recommendations from public health services - State of Nebraska and the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and local Public Health Solutions.
The City of Crete is in regular communication with health officials on the best courses of action for communities and will continue to share relevant and timely information. Find more links for vaccine information and general COVID-19 guidance.
Status of City of Crete facilities and services:
The City of Crete has the health and safety of employees and community residents in mind by increasing already routine cleaning and disinfection procedures during the current COVID-19 outbreak. City officials are in communication with local partners, schools and industries to discuss health and safety plans.
City Hall is currently open to in-person visitors, Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm.
City Hall phone numbers:
- Administration, Utility Office, Public Works, Building Inspector: 402.826.4312
- Finance Director, City Clerk, Human Resources: 402.826.4313
- Parks and Recreation: 402.826.4314
- Community Assistance Office: 402.826.6405 or email: email@example.com
- Find more phone numbers and staff emails.
- Find more information on utility bills and payments.
- See end of article for more online links
The City will provide updates and any changes in access to city services as they become available. Find information on the city website and social media accounts, @CreteNE.
Crete Police Department - lobby:
The lobby of the police station (1945 Forest Ave.) is open to walk-in access.
- Burn permits are available online. Permits are handled through the Public Works Utility Office at City Hall.
- See the Animal Control and Licensing page for pet licenses and animal impounds
- See the Parking Enforcement page for parking tickets and vehicle impounds.
If residents wish to report a crime that doesn't immediately need a police officer to respond, please call 402.826.6422 for the administration/records section Monday through Friday between 8 a.m.-11 a.m. and from 12 p.m.-5 p.m. For police response call 402.826.4311. An officer may contact you by phone or in person, depending on the call type.
Crete Public Library:
Crete Public Library is open to public access. Masks are available at building entrances. Library staff are available by phone and email and for materials pickup through the pickup window on the south side of the building. Call 402.826.3809. Read more about current library access and reserving materials through the online library catalog.
The Library pickup window hours are as follows:
- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.;
- Tuesday and Thursday - 10:00 - 7:00 p.m.;
- Saturday - 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Transfer Station regular hours will continue to be Tuesdays, from 1 to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The station is located 1/2 mile north of Highway 33 and Boswell Avenue on the east side of the road (478 County Road 2300). Yard waste or brush and metal or iron items can be dropped off for free. All appliances with freon must have it removed and tagged prior to disposal. Fees are charged for certain garbage items.
The city provides an abundance of information online on departments, services, and programs. See tabs above or these links:
- City Hall phone numbers and emails
- Full, searchable City Code;
- City Zoning Regulations;
- Forms & Documents;
- Building Inspector: Building permits and Call Before You Dig information;
- Crete Police Department services - pet licenses, vehicle tickets and impound
- Community and Economic Development programs (Downtown Revitalization, LB 840, and TIF);
- Parks and Recreation information, including public park locations and amenities and recreation program signup with RecDesk;
- Crete Public Library - staff contact information; Overdrive/Libby audio and ebooks;
- Living in Crete - community links for agencies, programs, recreation