Building Inspector & Permit Forms
Departments of Public Works
Brad Bailey, Municipal Building Inspector
City Hall - 243 East 13th Street
P.O. Box 86
Crete, NE 68333
Phone: 402.826.4312 ext. 6417
City Hall is open Monday - Friday, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. The Municipal Building Inspector’s Office is located on the first floor. An elevator is accessible from the ground floor entrance on the south side of the building.
The International Building Code (IBC) 2018, International Residential Code (IRC) 2018, International Property Maintenance Code 2009, Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC) 2009 - with Lincoln Amendments, National Electric Code 2014, International Mechanical Code 2018, and National Fire Code (NFPA), as adopted in City Code, are enforced within the city limits of Crete and the two mile zoning jurisdiction. Enforcement of the provisions of the municipal Code pertaining to building construction and repair and collection of fees is the responsibility of the Municipal Building Inspector, Brad Bailey.
The City of Crete requires building permits if you plan to construct, erect, enlarge, alter, repair, improve, remove, convert or demolish any building or dwelling. Some examples would be replacing a water heater, furnace or air conditioner. Applications for the appropriate building permit and applicable fees are filed with the building inspector. Each application for permit must be in writing and include the following:
- Legal description of the land on which the construction, relocation or demolition is to occur
- Nature of the use or occupancy of the building
- Estimated cost
- Names of owner, architect, and contractor
Click on the links below to download forms:
- Building Permit Form
- Plumbing Permit Form
- Mechanical Permit Form
- Fence Permit Form | Fence Constuction Brochure
- City of Crete Pool Safety Requirements
- Sign Permit
- Curb Cut Permit
- Street Closure Application
- Demolition Application
- Well Permit Form
- Right-of-way Permit
- Septic System Permit
- House Moving Permit
- Mobile Home Placement Permit
- Plumbers License Renewal 2023
- Application For Variance
- Floodplain Development Permit Application
- Sidewalk Cafe Permit application and checklist (For more information on the this permit, see City Clerk's section.)
- Land Development - Planning and Zoning Application
- U.S. Department of Energy - Building Energy Codes Program - REScheck
The Building Inspector will inspect, as often as necessary, any building which is being constructed, altered, repaired or relocated to determine if the work being done is in conformity with all Municipal building and housing regulations.
- The City Building Inspector can write citations for building code violations.
Homeowners and property owners/occupants should make sure contractors working on their property are licensed and additionally licensed (specifically plumbing) to work in the City of Crete, through the Building Inspector's Office. Unlicensed contractors risk being cited and removed from projects.